Monday, April 20, 2009

Coming and going and coming and going...

This is a weird travel month, even for me. Usually I go on one long trip a month, 4 or 5 days then I'm home. So when I checked my April schedule last month it was easy- one two day trip to San Francisco. one night, two days. Easy. Then I get a call and I end up having to go to Phoenix for one night, two days. OK, that's not so bad, there's a two day break between the trips. Then I gent an e-mail and guess what, One night, two days in L.A. with a two day break in between. Aackk! This was supposed to be a light month. Next month I have have one small trip and I'm sticking to it. No more little day trips to random corners.

So I went to Phoenix for Friday and Saturday. Tomorrow I go to San Francisco and I'll be home late Wed. nite. Saturday I go to LA and I'll be home either Late Sunday (but it's really hard to get a late flight into Eugene on a Sunday nite) or Monday morning.

While in Phoenix I ran into my hair stylist from Cleveland, OH. She was coming to the event I was teaching at and she knew I was going to be there, so she brought my highlight haircolor and her scissors. I'll have to get a photo 'cause I look different :) She already arranged to do my hair at some of my other upcoming events for the next year. It's pretty neat- I have a stylist who will travel and do in-home haircuts (or at least in-Hotel haircuts).

When I got home the kids and I just hung out on Sunday and destroyed the house in the glorious sunshine. My sunflowers are starting to come up and my brother brought me fresh soil for my front planter boxes, so I have big gardening projects I need to start on. Too bad it's still early to plant my tomatoes.

On my Phoenix flight I took the "Twilight" book with me. It was very fitting since my return flight went from Phoenix to Seattle. I like taking books with me that have vague references to where I am traveling to. I really should spend more time drawing than reading, as I have a LOT of artwork I'm behind on.

Speaking of which, I gotta get going, since I only have one day before I leave again. See you all later!

1 comment: