Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Easter Bunny and the tooth Fairy

Both Came to Luke on Sunday!

I have been sick with a very bad Flu all weekend. So Daddy took Luke to the church Easter-egg hunt on Saturday. Luke made a bunch of dyed eggs and brought home a healthy stash of plastic ones.

After the hunt Daddy took Luke up to hike the Butte just to get him out of my hair. They had a great time as always, and stopped by grandpa's house for a quick dip in the hot-tub before heading home. The boys have a tradition thing going on now, which I think is great.

Sunday Morning Luke wanted to wear Brian's old nametag, so here's our little missionary knocking on a door. What a cute little prospective elder!



The Easter bunny brought him more eggs on Sunday- I didn't even know that the Easter Bunny had gone and brought home things to give to my kids. Doesn't the Easter Bunny ask before he brings sugar into my house? Luke got his basket, found his sister's basket, and promptly started feeding her GOBS of sugar. Thank you Easter Bunny.

I taught the RS lesson in Church. I was able to share a whole bunch of seeds from our garden with the other members. we put them in cute little packages and passed them out- giant sunflowers, garlic, chives, parsley, yellow onions, small dark sunflowers, carrots, and marigolds. we made close to 300 seed packets and I still have PLENTY more for next week.

After Church we came home and Luke helped himself to an apple. We keep a bowl of apples out and he knows that if he's ever hungry he can always eat an apple. He starts munching along then all of a sudden he YELPS! Crying he comes running to me with his bottom tooth all crooked and hanging out funny. The dentist had told him last month that he had at least 3 new teeth coming in, so we're not surprised. Daddy helped Luke calm down (Luke thought he was going to die) and gently pulled it out. I convinced Luke that he couldn't stop eating just because he was missing a tooth. Now in his prayers each day he prays that the new tooth will grow quickly.

Here's our big boy, missing his tooth. He sounds kinda lispy now. it's pretty cute.



Then we went over to the Tamasakas after a quick nap and the Easter Bunny visited there too. that insidious critter won't leave us alone.

I gotta get back to bed now that I've finished my taxes and done my social networking for the day. Have a great week!

Luke's question is: Is the Easter Bunny a real bunny or is he just a person dressed in a bunny costume? Where does he get his plastic eggs?

3 comments:

  1. your kids are so adorable! it must be weird to have a child old enough to lose teeth - they grow up too fast! it's fun to see what you've been up to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better really soon. Luke is so cute with his missing tooth. hat is so cute that he prays that it will grow quickly. I am sure it will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abigail just lost her 1st tooth this week too! It is SO cute! :)

    ReplyDelete