Sunday, February 8, 2009

busy busy busy

Where have I been? It seems like I reel from one thing to the next with no breathing room in between.

Saturday was my Nephew's birthday. His idea of excitement was to go shopping at the local Goodwills with Brian and get a library card, (which meant I missed the baptism) then meatball sandwiches for dinner and The Muppet Movie for family fun.

Friday Brian and my nephew went to First Friday art walk. One of our friends in another ward is having an art show. Gayla Snow is a pretty interesting lady and her art show is made from "found art" or junk that you find and turn into artwork. The photo is of one of her works that was in a gallery in December. January's first Friday Art walk I was busy teaching a lecture on the History of Manga for the Eugene Library so I missed the gallery shows then as well. I didn't see the show because I stayed home with the kids and read The Tale of Desperaux. Luke had a fever after dinner. Who knows why, since he didn't show any other signs of sickness, just a fever.

Thursday was the book fair and reading nite at Luke's school, which is where we got the Tale of Desperaux. Luke had just had dinner, he got a couple cookies and the cheap red punch, which promptly made him lose his dinner. What a great way to visit your school and celebrate reading.

and the eaarlier part of the week just went on and on...

I will be happy to experience some modicum of quietude and time to sort out thoughts. I guess it will have to wait until our trip to Florida in a couple weeks.

1 comment:

  1. I loved watching the video of you working! Those markers are amazing! We really miss you guys! Abigail enjoyed seeing Luke at the baptism. Peter and Tyler are sick right now, but when we are all healthy we will have you guys over! Thanks again for your friendship! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete