Tuesday, January 13, 2009

David is here!

Saturday afternoon I drove up to Portland to pick up my nephew, David, who will be staying with us for Winter term. He and his sister came out at Thanksgiving for a week. They both attend BYU-I. David's a freshman and his sister, Kelly is a Junior.

My sister felt that David would get more out of hanging around Oregon for a winter than he would hanging around cold Massachusetts, so now he's sleeping on our futon for a couple months. We are excited he's here and told him he can stay as long as he wants, however, I think it will be the kids that finally drive him away. He's not used to that much energy, particularly when that energy is aimed at him. We'll see how long he lasts. He knows he can always move in with Grandma :).

I on the other hand am used to the madness and enjoy the attention. Sunday was such a nice day and the kids were SOOOO excited to have their older cousin around that they were at peak wild levels. Climbing, making messes, destroying...all the good stuff. Poor David. He doesn't get this kind of happiness at his house, especially after living on Campus for the last few months he hasn't been exposed to any kind of noise and lack of personal space.

I need to get back to my artwork, I have way too many projects that I need to complete in the next week before I leave for Anaheim. However, I'd like to leave you with this cute photo of AnnaMae looking at the temple. In the middle of her climbing she stopped and stared at the temple pictures for a good 15 minutes. They were really taking her attention.

Moments like this make you stop and think about what do little kids really know. AnnaMae is so young, yet she's figuring out things so quickly and she was in Heaven such a little time ago that although we think she's seeing something for the first time, she has probably visited the temple many times before she was born.

I love the little snippets that Luke would tell us when he was 2 or 3 yrs. old and before his thoughts got confused by things in this world. It won't be long before AM can tell us all about her experience, and the more she learns to speak, the more those experiences will slip away.

No comments:

Post a Comment