Monday, January 19, 2009

It came with a bottle!

The creature from the pasta lagoon came and stalked my bathroom...

Shortly before sunset it came, cooing and gurgling, covered in dark red slime. It grabbed for me, it's jaws clenched in a hideous grimace as saliva oozed from betwixt alabaster teeth, gnashing and snarling at a milky liquid, it's precious lifeblood contained therein.

What it wanted I did not know. All I could do was react in terror at the monster looming before me.

After tense moments of frozen horror, I finally snapped (a picture) and tried to bend the creature to MY will. Gently, but with trepidation and a desire to avoid it's venomous drippings, I clutched at it's red garment, ripping forcefully the offending clothing and leveraged it into a containment device. One where I could detox the monstrosity and prepare it for eternal slumber.

I mashed a dampened rag upon it's gaping maw and cleansed the foul slime which so recently had horrified me. With narry a pause, I poured water upon it's head in a supreme effort of purification and washed away the iniquities from it's gleaming golden locks.

Much to my chagrin, dripping and snarling, the beast overcame my ministrations and forcibly removed itself from the containment area. It ran, streaking blithely through the night, emitting a mindless cackle as it escaped my attempts to subdue.

With a sigh I gave in. I had bravely fought and accomplished much, though the final battle was lost. The creature still roamed free in the night. As I lay heaving and breathing hard from my exertions I took a slight pause to think on what minor victory I had achieved: I had neutralized it's toxic venom...for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment