Sunday, March 29, 2009

I get to go to Church!

I can't tell you how long it's been since I really was able to attend church. I mean, sure, we go each week, I'm hardly inactive, but when you're stuck in the hallway during classes with a playful toddler and getting the family ready to go is such a chore, and sacrament meeting is a lost cause you feel like you never get any spiritual uplift from church.

AnnaMae is now in nursery. what a blessing! I got to attend Adult Sunday School- wow. I can't tell you the last time I went to that. And then, I got to enjoy R.S. without interruption as well. This is incredible. I actually got things out of the lessons...

One thing that really hit home today was in Sunday school they told the story of the saints leaving New York in 1831. It was May and they had to get from Buffalo down to Ohio. At this my ears perked up- I was just in Buffalo! The problem the saints had was that Ice was blocking the lake and the boat couldn't get out into open water.

Look! Here is the view again out my plane window of Buffalo and the ice blocking the lake. Wow. The saints prayed and the ice cracked just long enough for the boat to get through, then it closed right behind them after they passed. So this won't melt for at least another couple months. In this day and age it wasn't a problem because my life wasn't in danger and I flew right over it. Back then it was a major struggle.

It's nice to know that my travels help me experience the gospel up close in ways that aren't apparent at first, but with the opportunity to actually attend church then I can see the connection. Thank you Nursery!

2 comments:

  1. It is good to know someone is learning something at church! Seems like the primary kids barely pay attention. Except Luke! He always pays attention. And comments. A lot! It's pretty cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Yahoo for the perspective! I also love the chance to really learn!

    ReplyDelete