Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunny Friday!


Friday was gorgeous! So off we went to Skinner's Butte park, our favorite playground. Armed with a pizza for dinner and lots of sidewalk chalk.

I was tagging Elmos all over the rocks, because some little someone in my family adores Elmo. I won't name any names or else she'll run around saying "Elmo? Elmo?"

Meanwhile, we had fun enjoying the amenities of the playground. All the slides and climbing tubes. This is one of our favorite parks by far!

Brian and I had our engagement photos taken just down the grassy slope from the playground. And there's a branch over the river that in the summer when the water level goes down is perfect for photos. However, this time of year it's underwater so we stuck to playing on the playground.

AnnaMae and Luke were really getting into the sidewalk chalk. I think we created some little tagging artists this weekend. They were having fun writing on everything and no one was stopping them.

Drawing at home isn't the same. If they tried drawing on the fixtures and walls at home they know they'd be in deep trouble. I am glad that AM sticks to drawing on her easel and not on the walls though I know that one of these days I'm going to walk into their room and find the walls covered in gorgeous artwork.

AnnaMae was really being brave. Every time I turned around she was running up the main structure then bending over the deep holes that have ladders and such. I was sure she was gonna fall down and need stitches or something the way she was heading all over. Last time we came to this park she was barely walking so it wasn't as much fun as now when she's big enough to climb onto even the trickiest of things.

However, it was Luke who hurt himself. We hadn't been there 5 minutes and he had fallen down. He was wearing sandals so he got a cut on both feet where the sandals bit into his feet and each knee got skinned. Ouch! We slathered the owies with neosporin then he ran off. Next thing I know he'd buried his feet in the sand to "kill the germs". All this did was cause the sand to stick to the lotion around his wounds. great.

I tried to get photos of Luke but he did not want his photo taken. So of course we got more photos of AnnaMae.

I have a feeling that as the years progress we will have LOTS of photos of AM and only a few of Luke. It's so hard to resist taking photos of those cute golden curls! she's so cute!

I'll post a few more photos of the kids and then I'd better get the kids to bed. I can hear daddy in the hallway playing something that rattles. I think they're stacking the coins we got from Mardi Gras. AM has really been having fun playing with those.

Friday was such a nice way to end a week. Too bad this weekend has been so rainy. Blah. I know we need the rain but it doesn't help when you're tired of being cooped up inside all the time and then it warms up, you get a taste of summer, and you have to go right back to being cooped up.

2 comments:

  1. Cute pictures Marianne! I really like the one of Anna Mae in the tube.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics... Anna Mae is such a cutie! I love the shots with the 'me' 'you' and 'them' ~ very cool!

    ReplyDelete