Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

Wow! What a busy weekend.

Friday I got off work early and we headed over to Florence. The wind was so strong on the North Jetty that we couldn't stay for more than a few minutes. The sand was stinging our bare legs and faces. Poor AnnaMae could barely stand. You can see from this picture how the wind was whipping our hair around and making it hard to see anything.

So we headed someplace more sheltered for our picnic, Heceta Head. It was quiet, and not windy. (And it's my favorite beach).

We ate our snack, Luke and Daddy went for a walk under the bridge, and we stayed near the car to finish eating, clean up, and feed the birds. We didn't really feel like heading up to the lighthouse and it was still windy enough that we didn't want to play on the beach, so we just milled around and enjoyed the sights. After about an hour we got tired, so we headed down to old town to window-shop.

It was a great day for photos, and there really wasn't any wind in town. I always enjoy walking around old town, even though we never really buy anything. It's fun to wander

AnnaMae and Luke were all over everything and they kept trying to run into the shops with the most breakables, of course.

We headed home, and since it was dinner time we stopped at the grocery store and picked up a chicken dinner that we ate at a little playground on Buck St. in Eugene. It's a cute little park that the kids love climbing on. Then we headed home to bed.

Saturday we cleaned in the morning, then just after lunch AnnaMae and I went shopping with Laura and her littlest one, while the boys went hiking with Laura's husband and her two oldest kids. That evening I watched her kids for her and got a little bit of time to myself. What a rare treat!

Sunday we had church, then Sunday evening we went up to Grandma & Grandpa Walker's house. I was showing grandma how to use her new camera with the old iMac that we gave her. Now she can organize her digital photos and play little slide-shows for her friends.

He photography has improved with a digital camera. I think she has a lot more confidence in her camera skills and is not as worried about wasting film. I showed her some basic tools for making her photos better. Now we'll see how much she remembers!





On our way home we stopped at Skinner's Butte playground and let the kids run around a bit. Here is a great shot of AM and daddy. I've been fooling around with some of the settings on our cheap point & click camera and I keep being surprised at what I can come up with. I didn't even have to photoshop this (much).

Here are a couple requisite slide shots. Always cute when a kid is coming down a slide. It's the annoying little boys who keep running UP the slide that ruin things (I'm not naming any names, Luke)


And, of course we got more photos. It's too easy to get cute photos of AnnaMae. Luke, however, just turns his back to the camera and all we seem to get are butt-shots.

We got 72 photos of Luke's backside this weekend! What a kid. here are some of the few photos that show his frontside.

When he was climbing the rocks he was even playing a game of "I bet you can't get a good photo of my face" He thinks it's so funny.

Then he'll wonder when he grows up why we have so many more photos of AM than we do of him.

Monday morning was spent cleaning again, and working in my garden. I went to the Value Village 50% off sale and got some church clothes for Luke. Sunday Luke couldn't fit into his shoes or his pants, so off to the store I went.

Dan came over and brought me my final load of mint compost for my garden, so now my last planter bed is ready to grow. We'll see what sprouts up- I really want my pumpkins and squash to do well. In the evening AM and I went and visited my mom while Luke and Daddy were trying to play Rummikube for FHE. AM just can't leave things alone long enough for them to play a peaceful game, so we went for a walk with my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment