Sunday, May 10, 2009

Those kids...

when kids are left to their own devices odd things happen...

Saturday morning I was getting up and taking care of AnnaMae. I checked the bunk bed to see what Luke was up to, since sometimes he's awake and just sitting up there. I look on the bed and there's no blanket and no Luke, just a lump where he'd messed up his bottom sheet and mattress pad.

I knew he wasn't downstairs, so I looked again in his room. Then I noticed that Luke was asleep UNDER the mattress pad, bottom sheet, and the foam padding we have on his bed. He was snuggled up with the foam.

About 20 mins. later he gets up and complains that he itched a little. Go figure. Sleeping under your mattress pad and foam is bound to make you itch a little (he's not allergic, don't worry).

So there was a new one for Luke.

We played at Skinner's butte park in the afternoon, along with half of Eugene-Springfield. Gorgeous! I'm surprised we didn't get sunburned.

Then, Sat evening I was out in the front gardening. Luke was swort of helping me and AnnaMae was inside with Daddy cleaning upstairs. I thought.

Luke got bored and went back inside to watch a video. Some time later daddy comes out with AnnaMae. I guess no one had been watching her and she had gotten into markers. Not my markers luckily, but some of Luke's markers from a spirograph. AnnaMae LOVES markers. and she had drawn ALL over herself. Note the beauty mark near her eye as well.

I tried to wash it off as best as I could. The red came off easily and tinted the bathwater pink. I have no idea what will take off the black. I guess she's really into the 80's punk scene. I'll just tell people we're training her for all the tribal tattoos she'll get when she's 16 and marries into the next clan over, or something like that.

This is why we love our kids- Becuase they are creative with their everyday existence.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post. It is so true about their creativity. Last week, I had been resting upstairs and the kids were quietly playing downstairs, I went down later and their was a hilarious looking creation that had to do with a desk, long boards, and A LOT of masking tape. I missed the photo op. though. . . kids are the greatest! We miss you and yours! :)

    ReplyDelete