Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Swimming

We vowed that this year we would be more active as a family (hence all the hiking and going to parks). Part of this has been a promise to go swimming at least once a month for FHE. Splash also just lowered their price for May, so for swimming from 6:30 to 8pm is only $2 each! Totally worth it. I think we may go a few more times this month if Luke behaves in school.

AnnaMae LOVES swimming. We had to wait for them to let us in the pool last night and she ran up to the glass windows hitting them screaming "Slide! Slide!" which is her favorite part of the pool. She giggles the whole way down as we go super fast. Luke is afraid of the slide and will only go down kicking and screaming as slow as we can go, clutching his life jacket. So much for the swim lessons he had last summer.

AM sat on a inner tube out in the deep waves with me and was blowing kisses and waving at everyone. Luke mostly hung out in the baby pool with his life jacket. I did get him out a few times on the inner tube, but he has a huge fear of something, I have no idea what that is all about. Mostly I think we haven't taken him swimming enough.

It also could be that Daddy has never been great in the water, and Luke takes after dad. I used to swim all the time, and was on the swim team in 8/9th grades (I lettered in swimming- can you believe that?) AM would make a great swimmer, especially if she gets my big feet. Luke will need some work.

Anyways, I think swimming is great. I feel bad each time I squeeze into my swimsuit and I look at myself. I ain't what I wuz wen I wuz on the swim team. We'll see if I can work off this baby fat and smooth out those stretch marks. I have a whole closet of great clothes just waiting for me!

2 comments:

  1. If you run the half marathon with me next year, you will look great in a swimsuit afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't swimming fun? Your little AM takes after you with art huh? fun picture of her all colored up. :)

    ReplyDelete