Friday, May 1, 2009

Check out my new Summer stamps!

It's time for the Summer Releases for the company I illustrate for, Our Craft Lounge. I only drew 17 of their 24 new-release sets this time. You can check out all their new sets here. This box and tag are just one example I made from the set "Let Freedom Ring".

I love illustrating for a company that makes people's lives happier. Our sets are made in the USA, and many of the sets I design come from old artwork I made years ago that is just sitting in my sketchbooks wasting away. One of the sets this time, "the Tribe" is from artwork I drew about 5 years ago that was sitting unloved in a box. This is now one of the favorites for our Design Team. It makes the crafty ladies very happy to have unusual stamps to color and when they're happy, I'm happy.

I wish we had one of the stores nearby that carries my stamps. It will be a while before we even want to get into Michaels or Jo-Anns, but we are in a chain called "Archivers" which is a very trendy scrapbooking boutique. They have over 40 locations in large cities across the country. It's neat to think that people across the land are playing with my artwork.

I have been accused of drawing this old granny based on my mom. For those of you who know her I don't see too much of a resemblance, do you?

Anyways, I gotta catch up on my rest. The half-marathon is on Sunday and I need to be ready. No more lazy Marianne!

1 comment:

  1. good luck on the half marathon! I am sad I can't do it with you. :( I miss you!

    ReplyDelete